Life can get stressful when you’re at the helm of a business… particularly when it’s small.
The future seems uncertain and self-doubt comes easy. But don’t give up. Though running a company comes with its fair share of difficulties, it’s always worth it if you believe in your brand. In that spirit, here are five of our favourite quotes to help small business owners find strength in hard times. Read on for some motivational mojo!
1. Don’t worry about being successful but work towards being significant and the success will naturally follow. – Oprah Winfrey
Success rarely comes quickly. It takes work, dedication and – in our book – lots and lots of coffee. The moral? Focus on your people and producing great work first. If you do an amazing job of that, your clients will be your cheerleaders, and success will never be far away. We’re rooting for you.
2. Some entrepreneurs think how can I make a lot of money? But the better way is to think how can I make people’s lives a lot better? If you get it right, the money will come. – Richard Branson
It’s easy to get focused on finances when you’re a new business. But the truth is, if you focus on the simple things – AKA, creating or offering a lovely product or service and putting it in front of the right people – the money will come (just like the success)! So, forget about the dough. Work on making your business grow.
3. If we did all the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
This quote is a great one to remember for those moments when you’re a little overwhelmed by it all. Remember why you started your business in the first place, and the passion that brought you here. It’s worth it. Keep going.
4. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. – Albert Schweitzer
When you get down to the heart of it, you created a startup for one, very good reason – because you’re passionate about what you do. You’re making or giving something that you love… so never let the stresses of running a business get in the way of that. Keep your brand healthy by putting your heart and happiness first, and – you’ve guessed it – success will come.
5. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl Nightingale
Your dream is worth it. Every second you spend on your startup and every experience you go through, no matter how things turn out, is worth it. Embrace the journey, and enjoy as much of it as you can.
Started a new business? Congratulations! We can help you get the word out, build a social media presence for your brand and more – get in touch if you need anything.